The Bux-Mont League and the Hawks have voted in this new and innovative program to transition kids from Flag into Tackle. The recommended age for this is 6-7 yr olds. With this inaugural season, the Hawks will be looking to volunteers to help coach and manage this team. Please reach out to Mark Dillon [email protected] or Kevin Bennett [email protected] to learn more.
Pop Warner and USA Football have joined forces for a pilot program called Rookie Tackle, a transitional program for kids between Flag Football and Mitey Mites and it is already generating plenty of excitement in Pop Warner.
Rookie Tackle was created to introduce tackle football to younger players, and was created with input from youth football league leaders throughout the United States, who have modified the rules of the game based on player development.
“Rookie Tackle” is a “bridge-game” between flag and 11 player tackle that creates a best – practice pathway that allows youngsters to get a feel for the great game of football by playing a number of different positions in every game, two point stances, no “special teams”, and with coaches on the field helping to instruct, inform and encourage each kid out there.
KEY ASPECTS OF ROOKIE TACKLE:
- Fosters Participation: Allows leagues with limited registered players to field more teams.
- Players Rotate Positions: Participants rotate and learn multiple positions and skills on offensive and defense.
- Smaller Fields: Scaled to create an appropriate playing space for the age and abilities of younger athletes.
- Maximize Field Space: Allows leagues to utilize field space more efficiently.
- Smaller Rosters: Provides a greater coach-to-player ratio to foster individual attention and skill development.
- Increased Activity: Rule modifications result in more snaps on offense and defense for younger players.
For additional information visit: https://www.popwarner.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2043677